Thots

Simply notes of various thought I keep as I do my daily bible study.

Monday, September 12, 2005

Isaiah 9,10

The prophetic announcement of Jesus' birth and reign, bringing peace and God's governance. Yet still there is anger against Israel's arrogance. God then uses the Assyrian empire to fulfill his purposes. And the remnant return.


NOTES:
The parallels for today are plainly there. Jesus is already on the throne and God's grace falls on all, both the wicked and His family. But even as John prophesied in the book of Revelation to the church of Laodicea, 'you say, "I am rich and have become wealthy, and have need of nothing," and you do not know that you are wretched and miserable and and poor and blind and naked.' God then goes on to say, 'Those whom I love, I also love and reprove and discipline, therefore be zealous and repent.' The message is clear it is easy to become arrogant with all we have, the materialistic in some ways hedonistic life we live, but God says, walk carefully down that route because your pride simply hides the reality of whom you are and I will reprove and discipline you.

If God chooses to use nonbelievers or even heretics within the church to bring about repentance, reform and revival then we should not be surprised.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home