Thots

Simply notes of various thought I keep as I do my daily bible study.

Monday, September 12, 2005

Psalm 38, 39

Both these Psalms of David deal with a sense of being far from God, and a loneliness that comes from a sense of guilt and remorse for sins committed.

Ps 38:3,4 There is no soundness in my flesh because of Your indignation; There is no health in my bones because of my sin. For my iniquities are gone over my head; As a burden they weigh too much for me.

Ps 38:21 Do not forsake me, O Lord; O my God, do not be far from me!

Ps 39:8 Deliver me from all my transgressions; Make me not the reproach of the foolish.

Many people today have that same sense of God being far away. The honest realise that this feeling comes from their own disobedience to God. The righteous have learnt that the only way man can get rid of these feelings is to repent and believe in their hearts and confess with their mouth that Jesus Christ is Lord.

All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. (Romans 3:23)

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 6:23)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home